Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My dancing brush (music: Compa Galletano)

(Please play YouTube video at the bottom)
I love Cuban music, and the dance. When I draw or paint, I always listen to Latin music, preferably Cuban music that gives me groove. It's almost like I am dancing through the brush.
And perhaps, that's why I love gesture drawings with quick movements and the beauty of ink wash painting. Once I make a brush stroke, there's no way to change. It's just like the dance. You are in the moment. You dance as you feel and it doesn't stay. If you hear another good song, you dance differently as you feel. Isn't that beautiful?

Cuban dancer: Greydis Montero 2013
Mix media on paper (water color, sumi ink, color pencil), 7" x 9"

The inspiration

Great thanks to beautiful dancers and great musicians.
                                                                 www.shanahanart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment